RoutineRinse and repeat.
Establishing and sticking to a daily routine helps me from drifting off to places where I loose sight of my surroundings; the bigger picture.
It forces me to consciously make decisions, based on given constrains such as time frame and available resources.
My routine is flexible, mallable and heavily depends on the ever changing variables that define my current situation.
At this time, an ideal regular weekday looks like this:
- 05:00 Wake up
- 05:05 Meditation
- 05:25 Exercise
- 05:45 Personal Hygiene
- 06:00 Get dressed
- 06:10 Turn on kitchen lights, make coffee
- 06:20 Grind beans for tomorrows coffee
- 06:30 Prepate lunch box for my son
- 06:45 Make breakfast
- 07:00 Wake up my partner and son
- 07:15 Eat breakfast
- 07:30 Brush teeth, pack up
- 07:40 Leave the house
- 07:50 Drop off son at school
- 08:00 Return to appartment, wash dishes
- 08:30 Sit at computer, start working
- 11:30 Start cooking/experimenting in kitchen.
- 12:15 Eat
- 12:30 Houshold Work
- 14:00 Read
- 15:00 Pick up son from school
- 15:00 Family time
- 17:00 Dinner/Household
- 18:00 Family time
- 20:30 Computer Time
- 22:00 Bedtime
- 23:00 Sleep