Ibanez Artcore AK80 Full Hollow Body
Penzel Müller Clarinette, Albert system, ca. 1920
Raspberry Pi 4 using a HyperPixel 4 touch display
86.4x51.8mm / 800x480px
Ergodox Planck EZ
Custom made bushcraft knife
Kitchen knife and sharpener built from leather and wood.
Giannina espresso pot and Porlex bean grinder
Guidelines for new items
Before you aquire any new item ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I really need it?
- What exact purpose will it serve?
- Is there an alternative I already own?
- How much better will it make whatever I intend to do with it in comparison to the alternative I already own?
- Can I make it myself?
- Can I buy it pre-owned?
- What are the environmental implications (production, transport, usage, end-of-lifecycle)?
- What are the social implications (working conditions, political conditions, manufacturer ethics)?
As a general rule of thumb:
- Most items have already been produced. Try to aquire pre-owned items as much as possible.
- Try to avoid items that you wouldn't burn in your own stove.
- Don't fill your inventory with items for ocasions that happen once per year. Plan for the other 255 days.